Sunday, January 31, 2010

Update; or Excuses For Not Blogging


I am writing this because it is the end of the month and I had planned to write more pieces than the four I had done so far. The problem is that I got a freelance editing gig that started two weeks ago that may stretch through next week. While this is welcome news in terms of allowing me to make a living during what is usually a dead time as far as editing work (yes, corporate videos are good for something), it also resulted in draining all of my time and energy, preventing me not only from writing about movies, but also watching them.

That said, I still plan to do several posts about my favorite films of the last decade (although the decade is still officially not over, so I am not in a rush like many film critics were). I look forward to writing about some upcoming movies in the next month or so, such as "Shutter Island" and "A Prophet", as well as Bong Joon Ho's "Mother", which I saw a few months back. Plus, whatever films I watch on DVD can spark a piece, like one I watched right before my editing gig started.

I understood that blogging would come out of me in spurts due to my schedule, where I have stretches of either consistent work or unemployment, most of which I never can quite predict when it will happen. But that's the life.

Also, I would like to thank Jason Bellamy over at The Cooler for honoring me with a Kreativ Award last week, which inspires me to get cracking on some of the pieces I have brewing.

Hopefully, I will have something later this week.

3 comments:

Craig said...

Kudos on the editing gig, Steven. Needless to say, work takes priority; write when you're able. In the meantime, your always engaging comments and tweets will suffice.

Jason Bellamy said...

Ditto what Craig said.

And now I know I can come to you when I have questions on what I'm doing wrong in Final Cut Express (I'm sure you're on Pro), which I'm only starting to learn.

Steven Santos said...

Thanks, Craig and Jason. I certainly understand work takes a priority, especially these days. Luckily, my freelancing schedule allows me to write more than if I had a regular 9 to 5 gig. It just happened to be a time where I had pieces I knew I wanted to write and got unexpected work. And no matter what, I don't turn down work.

Jason, if you have any editing questions, you can e-mail me. My address is on my blogger profile or my edit website.